Sunday, September 1, 2024

Cheer, crutches and love chapter 1

 Cheer, crutches and love

Chapter 1

My name is Hailey, and I'm a 23-year-old woman in my third year of medical school, specializing in orthopaedic surgery. But that's only half the story. The other half? I'm a very competitive cheerleader, and it's not just a hobby, it's a large part of my life. I need my cheerleading scholarship to pay for my studies, so quitting isn't an option. Balancing the two has never been easy, but I thrive on the challenge.

I have an athletic body type, with long, toned legs, something I've always been proud of. My blonde hair cascades down my back in loose curls, and my bright blue eyes often reflect the determination I have for my studies and cheerleading.

Two weeks before cheer camp, I was pushing myself harder than ever. The energy of the upcoming season was electric, and I could feel the excitement coursing through me. I was determined to perfect every move before the camp even started. As a third year student I will still be doing my clinical rotations in various sub-specialties but...now it will be within orthopaedic surgery needed from trauma, sports medicine, etc..

"Hailey, you're making us all look bad," my teammate Meghan joked as we practised our new routine. I laughed, taking it as a compliment.

"Just trying to keep up with you, MK," I retorted, using her initials as a nickname. I often used shortened versions of my friends' names, as if we were all part of a secret sexual club. I was almost daydreaming about that imaginary club but also performing orthopaedic surgical procedures under supervision on a friend's broken leg, gaining proficiency in techniques when it happened...

A small misstep during practice sent me slightly off balance, and I felt my ankle roll awkwardly beneath me. For a split second, it was like time slowed down as I tried to catch myself, but then the pain hit, a sharp, intense jolt that shot through my ankle like a lightning bolt. I instinctively winced, the sting radiating up my leg as I tried to shift my weight off it, bending my knee.

My heart raced as I attempted to shake off the sensation, hoping it was just a twinge that would fade. But the pain clung stubbornly, a relentless throb that wouldn't ease up.

"I'm fine," I insisted, forcing the words out as I waved off my concerned teammates. I didn't want them to see how much it really hurt. I pushed myself to limp away, each step sending a fresh wave of pain through my ankle, but I kept going, determined to shake it off.

"You sure?" Coach Karen asked, her brow furrowed with concern. "It doesn't look good."

"No, really, I'm okay, " I said, forcing a smile. "Just a little stumble, that's all. At worst a very light sprain" But since I was a medical student, I knew better.

I didn't want to look weak in front of my teammates. After all, I was the one they looked up to as a leader. I would never let them down, not even with a small injury. I limped away from practice, determined to prove I was fine. But deep down, I knew something wasn't right.

"Hailey, wait up," Coach Karen called after me. I turned to face her, doing my best to hide the pain that was shooting through my ankle and up my leg.

"Don't worry about me, Coach," I said, offering her a reassuring smile. "I'll be back and ready for cheer camp."

She nodded, but her eyes still held concern. "Alright, but if it gets worse, promise you'll see a doctor, okay?"

I nodded, not wanting to worry her any more than I already had. "I promise, Coach."

As I walked away, limping, I made a silent vow to myself. I would not let this injury get in the way of my season and dreams. I was future doctor Hailey Robinson, and I was a force to be reckoned with. My mind was already racing ahead to cheer camp, to the exhilarating thrill of competition, and to proving to everyone, especially myself, that I was still the best.

But little did I know, this small injury was just the beginning of a much larger challenge that lay ahead. The start of the school year brought more than just classes and cheerleading. I couldn't deny it anymore, I was attracted to our squad's physical therapist. Every time he worked on my ankle, my heart would race a little faster. His touch, his voice soothing, and I found myself looking forward to our sessions more than I should, almost happy to have a small injury.

As I sat on the table, waiting for Nick to come in, I couldn't help but feel a mixture of anticipation and anxiety. There was something about him that just made my heart flutter. He was tall, with broad shoulders and a chiselled jawline that seemed to have been carved out of stone. His dark hair was always perfectly styled, and his piercing blue eyes seemed to see right through me.

"Hey, Hailey," he greeted me warmly as he entered the room. "How's that ankle feeling today?"

I tried to play it cool, shrugging as if the pain wasn't still nagging at me. "Oh, you know," I replied, trying to sound nonchalant. "It's getting better, I guess."

He didn't seem entirely convinced, but he nodded and stepped closer, his eyes focused on my injured ankle. I watched as his strong hands moved to untie my running shoe. There was something about the way he touched me, gentle but sure, like he knew exactly what he was doing on multiple levels trust me and...yes how to do it without causing more pain.

I couldn't help but wince as he started to pull off the shoe, the pain sharp and sudden. Nick noticed immediately and paused, his blue eyes flicking up to meet mine with concern.

"Sorry if it hurts," he said softly, his voice filled with genuine care. "I'll be more careful."

I forced a small smile, trying to mask the discomfort. "It's okay," I said, though I could hear the strain in my own voice. "Been there done that, just a bit sensitive."

He nodded, and I could tell he was being extra cautious as he continued. He slipped off my shock next. When he finally set my shoe and shock aside, he looked back at me with professionalism.

"Let's take a look at how it's doing," he said, ready to examine my ankle more closely.

I nodded, bracing myself for what was to come. As much as I tried to stay strong, having Nick here, so close and attentive, made it harder to keep up the tough act. Deep down, I knew this injury wasn't something I could just shake off. But with Nick by my side, I felt a little less afraid of what might lie ahead.

"You also have to remember to take it easy and give your body the time it needs to heal."

"I know," I agreed, biting my lip slightly in anticipation. "But it's just...hard for me to slow down just before cheer camp, you know?"

"I understand," he nodded, his fingers still working on my ankle. "But trust me, pushing yourself too hard can sometimes do more harm than good."

As he spoke, I felt something stirring deep in me, there was something about the way he took charge of the situation that made me feel safe, secure and attracted to him. It was as if he could sense my vulnerability and knew exactly how to handle it.

His gaze lingered on my injured ankle, his expression focused and intent. His eyes traced the outline of the swelling, taking in the slight discoloration and the way my foot angled uncomfortably. Then, slowly, his gaze travelled up my leg, lingering on the curve of my calf and the way my muscles tensed beneath the skin. It was as if he was silently assessing my long legs, reading every sign my body was giving off. When his eyes finally met mine, I felt a flush of warmth spread through me, a mix of vulnerability and the undeniable sexual connection we shared.

"I know you're right. It's just... hard for me to accept that there are some things in life that I can't control."

"That's true for all of us,"

Nick gently placed his hand on my injured ankle, his touch warm and reassuring....He leaned in...

Cheer, crutches and love
Chapter 2 to come
K


No comments:

Post a Comment