Thursday, April 25, 2024

Jessica then and now chapter 2

 

Chapter 2
1990's

Through the haze of pain, I whispered to Emily, "God...I broke my leg... I won't be able to audition..." The crazy thing we worry about when in shock and pain.

"Shh, don't worry about that for now," Emily replied, her voice gentle and reassuring. "Let's get your broken leg the help it needs."

As the paramedics worked to stabilize me and splint my long leg, the reality of the situation sank in. My dreams of the audition faded into insignificance, replaced by the harsh reality of a painful shattered leg and a long road to recovery ahead before I can even walk. Forget dancing, singing and acting on a stage.

"I can't believe this, I hate pain so much, even a small sprained ankle when I was young bothered and scared me for weeks" I murmured to myself and anybody listening, tears of frustration welling in my eyes as the ambulance raced towards the hospital.

Upon arrival, I was quickly wheeled into the emergency room, where the bustling activity and sense of urgency heightened my anxiety. It was there that I met Dr. Gauthier for the first time, a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor whose presence brought a sense of calm amid the chaos.

"Ms. Montgomery, I'm Dr. Gauthier," she introduced herself, her warm smile a reassuring beacon and her deep blue eyes so lovely and reassuring.

"Can you believe, I had an audition... for The Titanic... and now this..."

Dr. Gauthier nodded sympathetically, her eyes filled with understanding. "I'm sorry to hear that, Ms. Montgomery. Right now, let's focus on getting you the care you need."

After a thorough examination and X-rays, Dr. Gauthier delivered the grim news. "There is only one way to deliver this. I'm afraid your tibia, fibula, femur, and knee are all broken. You'll require surgeries to repair all the damage."

My heart sank at the confirmation of the severity of my injuries. "How long will the recovery take? and I won't ask you if I will be getting a walking cast, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that one" I asked, my voice smiling even with the uncertainty.

"It's hard to say at this stage how long it will take, but we are dealing with months not weeks" Dr. Gauthier replied gently, touching my arm and I noticed no wedding band. "But we'll do everything we can to ensure your leg heals properly and that you regain full mobility. But it will take a long time"

As the reality of surgery and a lengthy recovery process set in, I found solace in Dr. Gauthier's reassuring presence and pure beauty. Despite the shattered dream, her words of assurance and expertise gave me hope that I would overcome this setback and emerge stronger on the other side.

"Ms. Montgomery, given the extent of your fractures, we'll need to immobilize your leg with a long leg cast," Dr. Gauthier explained, her tone gentle yet firm. "Your cast will extend from your thigh down your long leg to about mid foot." She pointed, using my good leg as a prop.

I nodded, taking in the information with resignation. The image of a bulky cast on my leg was a real turn off, but I knew it was a necessary step towards healing.

"But keep in mind that even if your cast will support and align all your fractures," Dr. Gauthier continued, her expertise evident in her detailed explanation. "You will be happily surprised that It will be slim, following your lovely leg and yet lightweight compared to the old plaster of paris cast that we used in the past. You will have some mobility... on crutches obviously."

As she spoke, I couldn't help but visualize the long slim cast she described on one of her legs, imagining the weight and restriction it would bring to my lovely and single doctor. However, Dr. Gauthier's sexy red lips grabbed my attention first. OK I admit maybe it was the drugs but I wanted to kiss those red lips so bad.

"Have you been on crutches before?" Dr. Gauthier asked, gesturing towards a pair of sleek aluminium crutches nearby.

"Yes once for a sprained ankle" I studied the crutches, noting their sleek design and sturdy build compared to my old wooden crutches I used when I was 16. Despite the physical challenges at the time I went on my sweet 16 birthday on them trying to look cute for my new boyfriend, knee bent and leaning on my crutches. He on the other hand was disappointed that my ankle was not broken. A real jerk wishing me an ugly leg cast.

"Thank you, Dr. Gauthier, I appreciate your expertise and guidance through this."

"It's my pleasure, Ms. Montgomery," Dr. Gauthier replied with a reassuring smile. "We'll make sure you receive the best care possible every step of the way."

21 days later I was out of the hospital, back home and reality hit me right in the face. After surgeries, traction and the casting process, I dealt with the initial shock and disappointment of my injury. The shattered dream of missing my audition was now part of me and affected my hopes and aspirations.

However, during my long 24 weeks in various leg casts and on crutches, as time passed, I began to discover an unexpected silver lining, a newfound sense of joy. Despite the challenges posed by a broken leg in a full leg cast and the limitations it imposed being totally non weight bearing for so long, I approached each day with a positive outlook. With the support of sleek aluminium crutches, I navigated through my daily routines, finding unexpected sexual pleasure in my newfound condition.

The experience of using crutches evolved into a delightful source of happiness for me very similar to walking in sexy stilettos high heels. Alongside my recovery, I landed a part in a commercial portraying a young and lovely single mom dealing with a broken leg and crutches. This role increased my connection to my crutches, turning them from mere medical aids into a day to day accessory.

As I navigated each step on my crutches, my movements became increasingly fluid, almost like a graceful modern dance. The rhythmic motion of swinging them forward and planting them firmly on the ground not only aided in my mobility but also built up the muscles in my arms, adding a subtle definition that I liked. It was as if each step was not just a means of getting around but also a form of exercise that contributed to my overall physical sex-appeal.

As I adapted to life with my various casts and crutches, I discovered a profound difference between being a teenager injured and on crutches and being a mature woman. It wasn't just about physical maturity; it was about knowing how to leverage this situation to my advantage.

The experience of using crutches as a teenager was challenging, filled with awkwardness and uncertainty. However, as a mature and yes older woman, I approached it with a newfound sensuality. I knew how to carry myself, how to make the most out of every step I took, turning each movement into a display of one long and sexy healthy leg and the other in a perfect black long leg cast.

Rather than letting the casts and crutches define me, I embraced them as part of my journey, using them not as limitations but as tools to intrigue and sometimes attract the obvious attention of men and women. From a major setback into a stepping stone towards self-discovery of a new world that I didn't know existed before.

But...there is always a but...Even if I found that I was loving being on crutches, there was a lingering sadness about missing the opportunity of a lifetime. The dream that had fueled my passion and excitement was now a bittersweet memory, a reminder of the fragility of aspirations and the unpredictable twists of fate.

As I looked back at the latest months since my accident , I realized that while some dreams may be deferred...some can't easily and as I prepared to bid farewell to the full leg cast and crutches, I carried with me something else, a renewed sense of gratitude for the silver linings found in adversity even in the face of disappointment.

You know there is another but....

Jessica then and now
Chapter 3 to come
K


No comments:

Post a Comment