Friday, August 30, 2024

Cheer, crutches and love prologue

 Cheer, crutches and love

Prologue

In the high-stakes world of competitive cheerleading, I'm not just fighting for the top spot on my squad, I'm battling against my own body. As a third-year medical student with a scholarship riding on my athletic skills, I can't afford to let anything hold me back. But when a severe ankle injury threatens to sideline me for good, I'm forced to navigate the fine line between pushing through the pain and risking it all.

As I struggle to keep my place on the squad, my life takes an unexpected turn when I start to develop feelings for our team's physical therapist. What began as professional concern has quickly turned into something much deeper, adding even more complexity to my already chaotic world. With each setback, my determination is tested, and the line between perseverance and self-destruction begins to blur.

As the season goes on, the competition only gets fiercer, not just on the mat, but inside me as well. My ankle is barely holding up, and the pressure to perform is crushing. Every twist and turn brings me closer to the edge, forcing me to make impossible choices that could cost me everything I've worked for. But I refuse to back down, even as the pain becomes unbearable.

Will I reclaim my place at the top, or will the price of victory be too high?

In this journey of resilience, passion, and unexpected love, I'm about to find out just how far I'm willing to go to achieve my dreams.

Love
Dr. Hailey Robinson, MD


No comments:

Post a Comment