Sunday, August 25, 2024

My dream job chapter 10

 My dream job

Chapter 10

"That's great to hear," he said, smiling. "You seem like someone who doesn't let a little thing like a broken leg slow you down."

I chuckled, feeling a bit more at ease with his friendly demeanour. "I try not to let it. There's still so much to enjoy, even with a cast."

"Well, I'm glad I ran into you today, Alyssa. It's not every day you meet someone who can turn a challenge into an opportunity."

"I'm glad we met too, David. It's nice to have someone to chat with who appreciates the little things, even on a big cruise ship like this."

With plans to meet up later, we continued our chat, the sun shining brightly as the day unfolded, filled with the promise of new experiences and connections.

I walk back to my room on my crutches and look at my black cast while laying on my bed. As I lay back on the bed, the memory of my day with David bringing a soft smile to my lips, my phone suddenly rang, jolting me out of my thoughts. I reached over, grabbed it, and saw the caller ID flashing the name of the cruise director.

"Hello?" I answered, sitting up and adjusting the pillow behind me.

"Alyssa, it's Jenna," the familiar voice greeted me warmly. "I hope I'm not interrupting your day off, but we have a bit of a situation. One of our VIP guests has requested your company for dinner tonight. It's a black-tie affair, and we'd really appreciate it if you could join him. He is very , very important."

I glanced at the clock. There was still plenty of time before dinner. "Of course, Jenna. I'd be happy to."

"Thank you, Alyssa. You're a lifesaver. I'll send the details to your suite, but just so you know, the dinner is at 8 PM in the VIP restaurant. It's a very exclusive event."

"Got it," I replied, my mind already shifting gears. "I'll be there."

After hanging up, I took a deep breath and got up from the bed, my cast making a soft thud against my bed sending a sharp reminder. The evening was going to be a change of pace, and I wanted to look my best.

I stood in front of my closet, taking my time to select the perfect dress for the occasion. After a few moments of deliberation, I settled on a sleek, almost floor-length black gown that was both elegant and understated. The dress had a subtle slit along the side, allowing my cast to peek through just enough without taking away from the overall look. The off-the-shoulder neckline added a touch of glamour, and the fabric draped beautifully along my long body in all the right places.

Next, I carefully selected my accessories, a pair of sparkling diamond earrings and a matching bracelet. I slipped on one stiletto heel on my good foot, the other foot in the black cast left bare, my exposed toes adding an unexpected yet alluring contrast. After applying a light touch of makeup, I styled my hair in loose waves that cascaded over my shoulders, giving me a polished but effortless look. I gave myself a final once-over in the mirror, feeling confident in the way the outfit complemented both my style and my current situation.

Grabbing my crutches, I made my way out of my room, the soft click of my crutches against the floors accompanying each step. The walk to the VIP restaurant was a bit longer than usual, but I didn't mind. I moved with grace, the slit of my dress allowing my cast to be seen, a part of my ensemble rather than a hindrance.

As I reached the entrance to the fancy restaurant, my eyes were immediately drawn to a pair of crutches leaning against a table in the far corner. Then I saw him, David, seated with his left leg elevated and wrapped in a long, pristine white cast. The sight of his leg in the cast took me by surprise, and I couldn't help but notice how strong and well-formed his leg looked, even in a leg cast.

A smile tugged at my lips as I approached the table. "David," I greeted him warmly, lowering myself gracefully into the chair opposite him, positioning my own cast under the table.

"It looks like we're both in the same boat, or should I say, cast? What happened to your leg?" I asked, my curiosity piqued.

He chuckled, his blue eyes sparkling with a mix of amusement and relief at seeing me. "It appears so," he replied, a playful tone in his voice.

I nodded, my hand rubbing the foot portion of his cast, still intrigued. "What happened, if you don't mind me asking? How did you break your leg?"

David's smile grew as he glanced down at his cast. "Well, after our conversation earlier, I started thinking about what it must be like for passengers who find themselves injured while on board. I decided to try something a bit unconventional, I asked the ship doctor to put me in a cast for a six-week term, just to experience it for myself."

My eyes widened in surprise. "You mean, this is a recreational cast? You wanted to see what it's like? To be me?"

He nodded, a touch of mischief in his smile. "Exactly. I wanted to understand firsthand what our injured guests go through, and I thought it would be an interesting experiment. So here I am, experiencing life on crutches and in a cast."

I was both impressed and intrigued by his decision. "That's quite the commitment," I said, admiring his willingness to step into the shoes, or rather, the cast, of others. "How are you finding it so far?"

"It's been an adjustment, that's for sure. But it's also given me a new perspective, and honestly, it's not so bad knowing there's someone else who understands what I'm going through."

I couldn't help but feel a deeper connection to him at that moment, knowing that he had chosen to put himself in this situation, not out of necessity, but out of a desire to understand and empathize.

As we settled into our conversation, I couldn't help but wonder why David had kept his true identity under wraps. The curiosity got the better of me, and I leaned in slightly, a playful smile on my lips. "So, David, why didn't you tell me you were a VIP?"

He chuckled softly, shaking his head. "VIP? No, I'm not a VIP," he said, his tone light but sincere. "I'm the CEO and owner of this cruise line."

The revelation took me by surprise, and I blinked in astonishment. "The CEO and owner? You've been sitting here with me, and I had no idea."

He smiled warmly, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I prefer to experience the cruise like any other guest, to see things from their perspective. It helps me understand what works and what doesn't."

I nodded, appreciating his approach. "That's really admirable, David. You're not just running the company; you're making sure it's the best it can be for everyone on board."

He seemed to appreciate my words, his smile growing even wider. "Thank you. But enough about me," he said, his gaze sweeping over me, lingering on my crutches and the way my dress elegantly draped over my cast.

"You look stunning tonight. That dress suits you perfectly, and you make those crutches look like the most natural accessory."

A warm blush crept up my cheeks at his compliment. "Thank you, David. I wasn't sure if the crutches would work with the dress, but it's nice to hear they do."

"They more than work, they add a certain grace to the way you carry yourself. It's not easy to pull off elegance while on crutches, but you do it effortlessly."

David's compliments left me feeling warm and flattered, a smile lingering on my lips as our conversation naturally slowed. There was a moment of quiet between us, the kind where words weren't necessary, just a shared understanding and an undeniable connection that had been growing since we first met even with the differences in our ages.

He leaned in closer, his gaze soft yet intent, searching my eyes as if seeking permission. My heart quickened, anticipation mingling with a sweet sense of inevitability. I didn't move, didn't breathe, I just watched as he closed the distance between us.

As David leaned in, the closeness of the moment was almost palpable, but I could see him hesitate for a moment, adjusting slightly due to the long white cast on his leg. The table wasn't particularly spacious, and as he shifted to get closer, my own cast gently brushed against his leg under the table, a soft but noticeable contact that sent a jolt through me.

His eyes flickered down for a split second, acknowledging the brief, unintentional contact before returning to mine with a hint of amusement. The small struggle only seemed to heighten the anticipation, making the moment feel even more intimate.

Finally, his lips met mine, and the world seemed to blur around us. The kiss was soft at first, a tentative exploration as if he were savouring the moment. But then, as our connection deepened, his tongue gently sought entrance, brushing against mine in a way that made my heart race.

The sensation was electric, his hand moved to cup my cheek, fingers brushing softly against my skin, guiding me closer as our kiss deepened. The world outside that kiss seemed to disappear entirely, leaving just the two of us, locked in a moment that felt both tender and intense. When we finally broke apart, breathless and flushed, our eyes met again, and the look in his eyes told me everything I needed to know, this was just the beginning.

"Check please" he said smiling.

My dream job
Conclusion to come
K


No comments:

Post a Comment