Wednesday, November 22, 2023

The President's daughter part4



In that heart-stopping moment, Mia clung to the railing with all her strength, her voice ringing out in a cry for help.

"Sarahhhh!"

Time seemed to slow as I reacted instinctively. In a split second, I noticed the moron that pushed Mia attempting to run past me, without thinking, I swung my right fist, connecting with his jaw, and he crumpled to the ground, knocked out cold.

With a surge of adrenaline, I realized I had no time to reach the second level to pull Mia so I rushed beneath her, my heart pounding in my chest. The students in the classroom were equally shocked but they were frozen on the stop and horrified by the unfolding drama.

Mia struggled to maintain her grip on the railing but she lost it and she began to fall in slow motion from the balcony. In that heart-wrenching instant, I reached out and managed to catch her in my arms, breaking her fall. But we both tumbled to the ground.

The impact was harsh, and I felt the weight of Mia's body press against me but her left and air cast had wrapped around my back before the impact against the floor. The classroom erupted in a chorus of gasps and cries as the shocking accident unfolded before their eyes.

Mia's left leg trapped under me took the brunt of the fall, and the impact was excruciating. I could feel her injured ankle and left leg under me when a bone chilling snap echoed through the room as her ankle gave way. Her tibia and fibula, the two long bones of her lower leg, followed suit, breaking under the immense force of the fall and weight.

Mia let out a scream of pain, and her blue eyes filled with tears. I held her tightly, doing my best to shield her from further harm as we lay on the classroom floor, surrounded by shocked onlookers.

"Call 911" I yelled

The classroom had turned into a scene of chaos and fear, but in that moment, all that mattered to me was Mia's well-being. I whispered words of comfort and reassurance as we waited for help to arrive.

Amid the chaos in the classroom, the arrival of the EMTs was a welcome sight. They swiftly assessed the situation and began to take charge, their expertise evident. One EMT knelt beside Mia and me, her voice calm and reassuring,

"Hi there I'm Emily, We're here to help, Can you tell us what happened?"

I quickly explained the situation, how Mia had fallen from the second level of the classroom, and that she possibly shattered her leg in pieces.

Emily nodded, her focus unwavering, "Thank you for the information. We'll take it from here."

Mia, her face contorted in pain, tried to speak through clenched teeth, "My leg, it hurts so much."

Emily nodded sympathetically, her eyes filled with compassion, "I know Mia We'll do our best to make you more comfortable, Let's start by immobilizing that broken leg."

The EMT's worked efficiently, carefully splinting her broken leg to prevent any further movement. The process was painful, and her cries of anguish filled the air as they secured the splint in place.

"Easy Mia," Emily said soothingly. "We're almost done."

Once the splint was in place, the EMT's carefully lifted Mia onto a stretcher. She winced with each movement, her pain was obvious. I stayed close, offering her a reassuring hand to hold as they prepared to transport her to the hospital.

As they wheeled Mia out of the classroom, Emily turned to me. "You can ride with us agent, we'll make sure she gets the care she needs." I nodded, grateful for the offer. Mia's safety and well-being were my top priorities.

Upon our arrival at the hospital, Mia was quickly wheeled into the emergency room, where a team of medical professionals awaited her. The urgency of the situation was evident, and they wasted no time in getting to work.

She was transferred to a hospital bed, and the attending physician, Doctor Ramirez, immediately assessed her condition. Her face was etched with pain, but she remained remarkably composed.

"Hello, Mia," Dr. Ramirez greeted her with a kind smile. "I'm Dr. Ramirez, and I'll be taking care of you. Can you tell me what happened?"

Mia briefly explained the classroom incident and the fall that had resulted in her broken leg. Dr. Ramirez nodded, her attention fully on Mia's leg, which was visibly swollen and misaligned. After the X'rays the doctor walked back in,

"We'll need to realign your leg before we can proceed. It's going to be uncomfortable, but we'll do our best to manage the pain."

"I understand, Doctor" she said, squeezing my fingers.

The medical team quickly prepared for the realignment procedure. They administered pain medication to help ease Mia's discomfort and positioned her leg carefully, ready for the realignment.

Dr. Ramirez explained the process to Mia, "We're going to gently manipulate your fractured bones back into their proper position. It will be painful, but we'll work as quickly as possible."

As the procedure began, she clenched her teeth and gripped the sides of the hospital bed and my hand. The room was filled with a tense silence as Dr. Ramirez and her team worked with precision and care. Her cries of pain were met with soothing words of encouragement from the medical staff.

Gradually, the fractured bones were guided back into alignment. Mia's leg was now in a more anatomically correct position, and the worst of the pain began to subside as the procedure was completed.

The doctor explained the next steps to Mia. "Your leg is now realigned, but you'll need surgery to properly repair the fractures. We'll schedule that as soon as possible. In the meantime, you'll remain in the hospital and continue to receive pain management."

"Thank you, Doctor."

After Mia's leg realignment, the medical team decided to put her leg in traction as a temporary measure before the scheduled surgery to repair the fractures. Traction would help maintain proper alignment and alleviate some of the pressure on her broken leg.

Later on that evening, as I arrived back in Mia's hospital room, I found her lying in bed, her broken leg suspended in traction. The contraption was attached to a system of pulleys and weights, gently pulling on her leg to maintain alignment and reduce the pressure on her fractures. Mia looked up and smiled weakly as I entered the room, "Sarah you're here."

I approached her bedside, leaned over and kissed her cheek, "Of course. I wouldn't miss a chance to see that sexy leg of yours elevated in the air like this"

She smiled, her blue eyes were filled with love. "I appreciate it, I did it for you since I knew you loved me injured and broken," she teased.

Mia pulled me closer, lifted her head and our lips touched. It felt like my heart had stopped and the kiss became more urgent. She parted my lips with her tongue and sought out my tongue. Even with a badly broken leg not even casted yet she was getting into a passionate

Embrace until the sound of a knock at the open door stopped the moment.

I took a seat beside her and reached out to hold her hand, the sexy male nurse asked "How are you feeling now?"

She sighed, her gaze turning to her broken leg, "I'm trying to stay positive."

"You're incredibly strong Mia, You'll get through this, before you know you will be spiking the balls again."

God knows how wrong he was about this but so cute to look at.

Part 5 to come
K


No comments:

Post a Comment